How to become a PADI Course Director in the Gili Islands Indonesia?
PADI Course Directors are PADI Instructor trainers.
IDC Gili Islands with IDC dive resort Oceans 5 Gili Air
The PADI Course Director rating denotes the highest instructor achievement in the PADI System. To become a Course Director, PADI Master Instructors complete a PADI Course Director Training Course during which they learn how to conduct PADI Instructor Development programs and gain experience in developing dive educators. Course Directors are among the dive industry’s most influential opinion makers and play a critical role in shaping the attitudes and abilities of PADI Instructors. They serve as role models for other PADI Members in regards to PADI instruction, diver training and professionalism.
Oceans 5 dive resort Gili Air has 2 PADI Course Directors, Camille Lemmens and Sander Buis. Last April, 2013, Sander Buis became a PADI Course Director.
How do you become a PADI Course Director?
To apply for a PADI Course Director Training Course, you must:
1. Be a Master Instructor.
2. Be an EFR Instructor Trainer.
3. Be certified as an upgraded and renewed PADI IDC Staff Instructor.
4. Have within the prior 12 month:
A. No verified Quality Assurance complaints filed with PADI.
B. Conducted all certifications of each level of diver training consistent with PADI philosophy and as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI Course Director Manual. Any modification of the courses outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual & PADI Course Director Manual must have been approved by PADI.
C. Exclusively used the PADI System of diver education, including the various diver manuals, videos, DVDs, CD-ROMs, quizzes, exams, instructor guides, lesson guides and Recreational Dive Planner.
D. Issued only PADI certifications to students completing PADI Diver training courses.
5. Have completed the PADI System, Standards and Procedures Examination with a score of 85% or higher at an IE by registering with PADI. This must be done within one year of the CDTC Application due date.
6. Have completed the Diving Theory Examination with a score of 83% or higher in each of the five topics (Physics, Physiology, RDP, Equipment and Skills and Environment) at an IE by registering with PADI or by completing Dive Theory Online with the appropriate scores. This must be done within one year of the CDTC Application due date.
7. Have staffing experience of at least two complete IDCs or combination of two AI and two OWSI programs or one AI, one OWSI and one full IDC after certification as an IDC Staff Instructor since the introduction of the current IDC curriculum.
8. Have experience working with a PADI Resort & Retail Association Member. Revised 04 October 2012 3
9. Have organized or led:
a)one Project AWARE Dive Against Debris Cleanup,
b)setup a My Ocean Profile,
c)promoted the AWARE C-Card to your student divers,
d)organized or led at least one more Project AWARE activity or event such as Cleanup, Coral Watch, Whale Shark Project, installation or maintenance of mooring systems, AWARE Kids programs, fund raising, etc. within the past three years.
Note: Meeting the four prerequisites above (a, b, c & d) is the minimum requirement for applying for the CDTC. Additional credit will be awarded for additional activities.
10. Meet the minimum experience requirement of 250 logged dives.
Training and Certification
PADI Course Director Training Courses are conducted by PADI Office staff. The course has two phases – a training phase and an evaluation phase. Candidates must successfully complete both phases to be certified as PADI Course Directors.
Beyond the responsibilities and duties they already have as PADI IDC Staff Instructors and Master Instructors, Teaching status PADI Course Directors are authorized to:
1. Conduct PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDCs), OWSI Programs and IDC Staff Instructor courses.
2. Conduct Status Updates.
3. After successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer course, conduct Emergency First Response Instructor courses.
4. After certification as a Specialty Instructor Trainer, conduct Specialty Instructor Training courses.
5. Observe PADI Instructor Examinations (at the discretion of the Instructor Examiner).
For more information: http://www.indonesia-idc.com